Wednesday, March 11, 2015

New Adventures Slice of Life Day 11

As I write today's slice my daughter sits on the floor of our den sniffling as she pours over college applications already submitted and the thousands of letters and brouchers that have followed. I asked what she was looking for, she grumbled an answer only she knows.  I offered my help, I was declined. I offered my support, she mumbled a longer stronger grumble. I walked away, I waited... soon she came out of the den, walked over to me and began asking her questions. 

This is a difficult in her life, so many opportunities and so many unknowns.  I remember being her age well, but I don't remember the fear and pressure that my daughter is feeling.  Is it the high stakes testing, the competition of college acceptances, or the violent change of everything in her life today? 

I feel her pain more than she knows, but I know as much as I will miss her her opportunities are only just beginning! I know she will take all she has experienced and everything she has built and make her mark!  My wish is that she could see what I see in her future. 

Break-a-leg baby girl! 

3 comments:

  1. I know it must be so hard to walk away and let her figure things out for herself. But, she eventually comes to you. That's your silver lining. It's not easy to be her age, and I wouldn't want to go back there for anything! She's lucky to have you there to support her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy her big decision. My oldest left for school this year. I encourageder to go with her gut and not second guess. Easy to say, hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You capture this time in life so well!

    ReplyDelete